Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Boning Up

Herr D, heromachine.com, rights reserved as usual.
This one caught my eye because of the vertebral wings.
Such developments are even more rare than skulls thin-
ner than the eyes able to see out both sides. --Hairy    
When people say "I've a bone to pick with you," they supposedly mean there's a disagreement. That makes no sense at all. Why would you deliberately share a drumstick with someone you're arguing with?

I mean, forget about the same bones, I'm thinking more likely separate bones, bowls, CHECKS, etc. It would make more sense if you said, "I've a bone to pick FROM you." Now that would be a point of contention. And it would make more sense, because people who are too tired of fighting are sometimes referred to as "spineless." (Don't worry, I'm not offended.)

qqqQuesssstionnnn. 

Doh! I need to charge Shelob's case again. I knew he was too worked up yesterday.

ddD-- before.

What? Tell me later, Shelob. [wet clicking noises] There, that's better. Um. Question. Oh--does it strike anyone as strange that no one to this day has managed to take nuclear waste from fission plants and use it in fusion? I mean, that's kind of the point of recycling most of the time . . . Okay, let me rephrase. Why HASN'T anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment