Monday, May 4, 2015

Texas can SWAT, Hairy Can Swim, Kansas Can Screw Up?

[recording begins of uplink interrupting transmissions between Hairy and Shelob] -cause fifteen seconds is one of the fastest counterterrorist actions in all history. My new calculations suggest imminent success if all Texas S.W.A.T. teams were teleported to Iraq at precisely 4:17 pm, local Iraq time. All ISIL recruits would--

HEY! I don't actually WANT to kill them--that's obviously what they want, to be exterminated. I believe I did mention that ideally we should gas them, kidnap them, put them all in a chemical coma, and leave them in it till they die of natural causes.

But that is catering to their belief.

Well, it should scare them, shouldn't it? Make them less likely to commit jihad. If the punishment was to be unable to use jihad to enter heaven, that should work, right?

Uncertain. Too many factors. Obviously there are enough inconsistencies in the belief system of fundamentalists as to render direct outside interpretation unsuccessful.

And the only jailed one I found I couldn't read because he was too mentally questionable--[large outpouring of bubbles, translatable to disgust] What do I not understand about this mom in Kansas?

Uncertain. Please express.

So they take this boy out of his home because the mother broke some laws. But she might not even get charged?

Correct. This is inconsistent and biased behavior.

Well, it may be their job, but they obviously went in too fast. And incorrectly. If any of this is correctly reported, the mother had no intention of distribution. Sum that up for me again?

Child wrote paper about how medical marijuana 'saved' his mother. Obviously it made her a more capable parent. She was able to play with him, not to mention standing at will would make anyone more capable as a parent. A child fleeing punishment up stairs would be a problem for a parent with limited mobility and excessive pain.

Social service workers removed boy from home. She had not, as of the report, necessarily even been arrested. You are correct in that she 'obviously' had no intent to distribute. Details provided include separation from, education about, and prohibitive parenting concerning marijuana.

 Okay. I obviously don't get why it's against the law to improve your own health. I obviously have no understanding at all about why making yourself a better parent would make people mad or scared for the child. So . . . let me talk about what I DO understand.

In my case, I recently moved to a much greater depth uh, relocated. [three-tentacle flourish] I did so for health reasons explained to me by my, uh, medical advisor. [glances at medbot with one blue eye] In theory, where I was--[glances at idle roughing in sand of Potomac with the purple eye] --could have been interpreted as being where I shouldn't have been. This isn't really the same thing, but where I was has become more polluted, the flora and fauna are not as healthy, the water is not as clean, and Shelob tells me there are a LOT more cigarette butts--you get the picture. Where I am NOW I have improved by approximately the same margin. So here's my questions . . .

How many good citizens can any community afford to lose to poorly thought out legislation and 'bad neighbor' government actions of any stripe? Has anyone run numbers on what would happen to state economies if everybody just moved to where they'd feel more legal, and therefore safe and welcome? And, here's the big one--that kid that they took away from the happiest, healthiest, most pro-education home he'd had to put him in a system where he's used partly as a tax deduction by whoever would take him--if local government turns him against America by playing the law off every good thing he's known in life, aren't they encouraging the development of a terrorist? I thought government was against that?

Sorry that's so many questions. Shelob? Can you post this last bit as a blog?

Yes. [recording ends, disconnect]

No comments:

Post a Comment