Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Et Tu Photobucket?

[begin recorded segment, interruption of Hairy's swim] Herr D is still having problems with the site formerly known as Photobucket.

How's he doing? And what'd the site change its name to?

It appears to be a series of profane words.

[gill-snicker] put me into the chat with him. And hype me a bit so I can read his mind properly. Too much weather happening.

[neuralink tweak, frequency redirect, 'sign-in' duplicated]

--of it. 700 pictures, most of which I put effort into. It's my portfolio! I haven't been able to look at any of it without feeling a little sick.

[others' information auto-redacted because of ethical issues regarding privacy and permissions not received]

Hey, Herr D! Heard you were sounding off and joined you. Did your portfolio host give you notice of this, at least?

No! I didn't have any warning. I don't have any money. If I'd had money, I might not have used them in the first place. There's SCADS of ways to spend money on that sort of service.

Yeah. Wait. Did you mean scads of ways to spend it or ways to spend scads of it? I think both are true . . .

[disgusted snort] If they'd WARNED ME,  maybe said that they have to do something about their bottom line, I'd have tried to raise the money to stay with them. I probably would've failed, but I wouldn't have felt betrayed. 

So you have to put in all that effort to copy and move your portfolio? That's a lot of effort.

Yeah? Well, I would have to put in effort to somehow raise the money they want and I'd likely fail at that! Figuring out what to do next and how to do it and when to find the time is hard.  When they turned off my loyalty they set me free. I could use your expertise. I know you've done things a lot more complicated than this.

[pause, examining site through neuralink] I COULD do a quick text paste of a year at a time. But I'd have to have the formats and all else pre-understood. [neuralink rapid data transfer] Your computer has all of it in that drive your cousin bought you now. Good purchase. It would be unethical for me to just tweak the site to give you what you deserve.

Well, when you say unethical, I understand--don't do any of THAT stuff. You don't know how to operate Deviantart, do you? I seem to have hit a snag. Wait. [disengage for a full minute] Did you just copy all of it over to my hardware?! ALL OF IT?! I didn't even see the drive light up. How did--

Yeah. One year at a time, like I said. Your format is easy enough. Deviantart is not something I get yet. I could study it, but you should explore it as a reorganization of your art. It might help you grow as an artist. Good to work through your feelings of betrayal, too. Your stuff is safe, anyway.


[bewildered snort] Well, I'm back at it then. May have time for special requests, but not today.

Take your time. It's been fascinating watching your progress.

[bewildered but grateful] Thanks. Bye. [signs off]

His emotional data seems mature.

Yeah, he's a good kid. Human or no, sometimes I think he has a good brain. [exits]

[end recorded segment, upload, disconnect]

No comments:

Post a Comment