Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Flange And Potential Trouble; File Copy

"Of Course It's On The Sign, Or You Could Give It Back," by Herr D on heromachine expresses tenuous position held by troll on beach of fiord, causing intense negotiations. He expressed same metaphorical meaning as Hairy's "Above The Sea Of Ruin" and reported better sleep.
[begin recorded segment]

Okay, Hairy, that was funny. That isn't what really happened though.

[interrupts banging on flange with wrench equivalent, one pupil dilates] What do you mean?

You sent that soothing graphic through the chatbox, suggesting I watch.

What soothing graphic? [stows wrench equivalent, connects to memory cache, looking for graphic]

That beautiful starscape with the hazy triple sunset. Neat lighting effects.

[minor hide twist, translating loosely to 'not here--don't see it'] It sounds beautiful, like one of the many planets I've visited for relaxation. Perhaps [deep whistle-click-thrum] orbiting around W966?

Yeah, right. Anyway, I'm not mad about you wanting to help me or claiming you did it telekinetically (sp?) Im curious about how you manipulated my computer to make that graphic.

. . . Lots of admin-level hackers can do that. Just takeover remotely with a new mouse control. I just used your computer, like we've discussed--this time, while you watched, half-asleep. Your eyes were open?

My right one was for a part of it. It burned a little when I woke up later. Thanx for setting that alarm for me. Didn't remember the computer has that.

But you're rested?

Very. My sleep since has been better too.

That's good. It's a shame I can't 'make that kind of graphic' often. I'm very tired myself now what with the shared mental state and all. And that's 'psychic,' rather than telekinetic.

what

I really can't make graphics any better than the one I last made. I long suspected your latent psychic abilities. [yawn] Pity your species can't use them without an actuator species.

w[backspace]no thats not what happpened You made th [sudden pause]

Yeah, YOU'VE SEEN MY ART. That's why I ask you to do it for me. I did well this time--emulated your style of snap work. Took me about an hour, compared to your fifteen minutes, but hey! Still getting better.

You got it  from somewhere then. Gotta go. [exits]

[chortles, deep in the gills] Good old Herr D; secure in his worldview. Not ready to accept he saw into my past for an emotionally uplifting and relaxing moment. Even he isn't ready to see his full potential! Be well, Herr D; be well, humanity. I'm prepping for another launch attempt. [exits]

[belatedly recognizes potential importance of segment, copies from files to buffer, connect, upload, adds recent artwork of troll--no relation to topic, disconnect]

No comments:

Post a Comment