Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's Not So Fun To Say 'I Told You So,' It's Depressing, Not So Worrisome


[Shelob notes alert in subroutine, pings Hairy] You are awake then? Herr D obviously upset. Chat box open 8.3 standard periods.

Thanks for the alert, Shelob; I'll chat with him now. [activates net neuralink]

Yeah, Herr D. I'm here, awake.  Shelob said you've had this chat box open for a while. You're obviously not feeling well.

I'm a little shaken. I really was hoping you were wrong. Trump in office?

Don't worry. You still have lots to believe in. You still don't believe I'm psychic, or extraterrestrial, or a time traveler. You still believe in your religion. You still believe in everything except one thing that changed.

I'm sorry for doubting you. You were right again.

So, you miscalled it. Lots of people don't believe me. It doesn't REALLY matter? You didn't believe what I said before, when I told you Trump couldn't really lose. Even if he did lose the presidency, his net worth would've approximately doubled in six to eight years. I told you that more people needed to turn out to vote to make it go the way you wanted. I even told you personally that I was depressed about the future. I tried to emigrate really hard this year. I don't like sensing you like this. You're the nicest person I know here.

What was it, 18 or 19 months ago you started telling me all this? Now the stock market might crash into the bargain.

[equivalent of a smile] Longer, I think. Markets can and do recover. Trump has a chance to fulfill the 'accidental' good presidency that Shelob came up with.

How would that happen?

On reaching office, he WILL discover that things run a little differently than business. He'll probably never admit it and stick to his strengths. Several of his plans that are less practical he'll simply forget about and use his Teflon backside to deflect. Some of his colleagues will now realize how lucky they were to have Obama for a while and try to make the best of things by a few well-placed reversals.

You're talking about breaking campaign platforms. Lots of politicians do that. Of course, he's reversed himself on a lot of things while he ran.

Exactly. What most Americans don't seem to realize is that being a president doesn't take toughness or Ivy League-style smarts or even the understanding that Hillary would have brought. Any successful president picks up the phone and tells his generals or his ambassadors to go solve his problems with other countries. Any sensible person listens to the huge amount of advice at hand and guesses which advice to follow.

You've watched his show, right? He sometimes follows the right advice. That woman Amorosa was nuts.

Well, here's hopin' right? I need another nap, I'll talk atcha another time. Did I get the dialect right?

[end chat excerpt] And so it begins. Continua have now solidified. Calculations beginning again. Autoblog complete.






No comments:

Post a Comment