Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lots Of Hot Air

Image copied from tourism site. Apparently windmills used to
be as common as mill wheels in some countries. Maybe more.

I haven't gotten any responses on why reverse wave machines wouldn't be good generators. I got an e-mail from an organization called a neighborhood association member that claimed he wasn't allowed to put solar panels or wind collectors on his property. I -- don't know whether that's true or not. Are there really, and, let me quote this: "busybodies who claim some stupid traditional plan is more important than the ecology" (?)

I realize that people like their neighborhoods to look certain ways, but how important is that exactly? I've always found bricks ugly, but I wouldn't try to tell my neighbors they couldn't have any brick pavestones or barbecues. Most yards look ugly, too. I hate grass. I can't picture anyone deliberately choosing  grass over morning glories. Pretty flowers you don't have to mow?   Good thing I don't need to worry about that.

How much say do you think everyone should have over their neighbors' properties?

No comments:

Post a Comment