Monday, July 28, 2014

Editorial Smack

Okay, so I made a mistake. I listened to political commentary again. I actually heard rival anchors accusing both sides of every issue I listened about of "playing politics," "partisan politics," etc.

Herr D, heromachine.com. He didn't title it 'Duh.'
THAT'S THEIR JOB. I've PAID attention. It's the job of every politician to fight the other side while blundering about trying to solve their jurisdiction's problems. Professional boxing IS still a sport--do you criticize them for fighting THEIR opponents? Yet, repeatedly, while spitting out loads of disinformation and more obvious examples of bias than examples of good grammar, they criticized everyone they didn't like in public office for treating their opponents like opponents.

I think I figured out why they're called 'anchors.' They block the light from above by stopping the boats they're rocking and trying to drag them down among the bottom feeders for some mudslinging.

Not correct etymology.

That was another example of sarcasm, Shelob. It was a frozen concentrated pureed metaphor.

Poetic license?

Yeah, let's call it that for now . . . what's the least sensible thing YOU'VE heard a news person say?

No comments:

Post a Comment