Thursday, February 24, 2022

Ghost Fish And Dead Empires

 

"Miska TONIC" by Herr D on heromachine.

You have not blogged.

sorry illness and overwork Perhaps you could explain something that has happened.

too much Please report a happening?

I was in the grocery store and saw a box of fish sticks. Fish bones? Or sushi?

[microphone picks up agitated noise] No--not like sushi is supposed to look alive, but fish sticks are obviously dead. Chopped up, mashed together into stick shapes and fried.  Ok.

Then I went to self check-out and scanned them. The computer noted them with a loud beep. I turned to put them into my bag and the computer told me not to. Why?

The computer thought the box of fish sticks was already in the bag. It wouldn't let me put 'another' item in without scanning it. The computer was weighing the bag and thought that the fish sticks should have no mass. Look, is there some list I could answer today? Answer the following:

What is dead, and has no mass, and yet has a presence?

[possible laughter] Well, that would be a ghost. The head cashier DID cross herself when I showed her. This is news?

No, this is just a software glitch. Why don't you compare it to news or something? Like to this? [shows clip to Herr D]

!  Putin has been chided by a diplomat from Kenya as attempting to serve or restore a dead empire. In this respect he has a presence, and he has exerted a cost, but his attempts regarding something dead should not be allowed to add weight to the world's problems.

Neat. Thanks, Shelob. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment