Thursday, June 5, 2014

Eating One's Hat Is Better Than Eating One's Words

Herr D on hm3. He recreated it well.
"I am pleased to report my concern for this young female was groundless. Far from being suicidal, putting edibles on your head among hungry, erratic, and predatorial company in her circumstance is just a form of celebration in her culture. The pyrotechnics were more dangerous by far. Blowing things up in the sky and burning models of important cultural icons can get a bit loud as well.

. . . even loud by her standard. I managed to hear her inform a large male nearby that she had a headache and that he should focus on the explosives for his own safety."

Herr D did wonderfully at paraphrasing what I happened to see on a trip to the south. What do you do when you see something that merits concern? I withdrew,  perhaps when I shouldn't, thinking that the female's confidence might not be arrogance. I could have been wrong . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment