Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Hey You To The AU

Shelob!

Here.

This article says Cambridge peeps caught on to two "large bodies" one about 200 AU and another at about 250 AU. What's an AU?

Average distance from this planet to the sun. 93 million 'miles.'

Eighteen, six, that's what--1.86 billion miles to the first one, right?

Incorrect. 186 million miles.

And how much is a mile again?

5280 'feet.'

[looks at a tentacle quizzically] And how much is a foot?

As a basis for comparison, the framed piece of paper you found over there is 8 1/2 by 11 inches, twelve inches to a foot.

Yeesh. No wonder America has trouble from time to time. [five eyes squint with the effort] Yeah. If I do this problem in my head, I'll get the wrong answer. I'm silty, I guess.

Rusty, the human expression is rusty.

Mmmmyeh, okay. [neuralink math assist: sixteen seconds pass] Oh, they found that?  And that?

--Why exactly do they care?

Uncertain. Controversy among laymen still exists over reclassification of Pluto.

[quiet laugh] Okay. Notify me when they photograph these? I'm interested in their reactions. Candid reactions should be shared on this topic.

Noted. [upload, disconnect]

No comments:

Post a Comment