Tuesday, September 18, 2018

We Should All Help As We Can


Hairy has arrived and is catching up on a month's news while renutrifying and de-strobing due to a continuum irregularity in his re-entry. He posts the following update:

I was making good time, but I was miles from anywhere. My homemade radio modem had lost signal, and I didn't think I could repair it a ninth or maybe tenth time. A mere hundred feet down, the hurricane does little but ripple the water and change the tide's temperature and direction a little. No sharks to watch for, no schools to still for, oh; no crisis at all, really. Just a long swim.

That's when I saw the fishing boat. This drunk guy was contemplating steering toward the hurricane, just sitting wound around the rail with a bottle of booze, wearing a bathing suit and a slicker with the hood down. He couldn't even see with the rain. I waited for the rain to stop a moment and watched him guzzle his booze and rainwater. Then I climbed up beside him. He was too drunk to be startled by the likes of me.

Tariffs had hurt his business, people fighting about Obamacare had hurt his relatives' finances, and he'd just took his boat out contemplating letting the hurricane end it all for him.

At some prodding, he went into the cabin and looked up my blog on his phone. Apparently he thought I was an ethanol dream until I proved it otherwise. He consented to sail most of the way around the Carolina-related weather while sobering up, drop me off near the Inner Harbor, and sail home to think about how to recover financially. He said he was done with thoughts of suicide, since trying it once got him a (*&^#$%  $%^%$$&&&**%$$#^ close encounter. I think he'll be all right.

Apparently, "Bob" does not wish credit for his assistance. No mention of anything that could identify him. His reason? "I was @#$%^#$%^&@#$%(&^% wrong when I voted and don't wanna talk about it."

Good luck "Bob," and thanks for the lift home. I hope you do recover financially. If you do wish to contribute to hurricane relief, several churches have trucks pull up in front of them for food donations. Herr D says he packed the truck for one of them fairly recently, using his warehouse and distribution center experience to maximize the load. You don't actually have to give money to a charity that you might not trust. He has none to give. I repaired a few reef formations on the way to you and will continue blogging for another season.

We should all give as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment