Wednesday, January 29, 2020

God Loves Aliens Too

"Hey, They Promised Me A Ride" by Herr D on heromachine.com.


[excerpted from chat with Herr D]
1. You were never asked how the notion of extraterrestrial life affects your religious beliefs.
2. You have listed your religion as Quaker\Protestant\Christian.
3. A recent article has declared Christianity to be the least capable of alien acceptance.
4. You have not mentioned cognitive dissonance in your entire history of chat with Hairy.

How do you explain this disparity?

[pause, probable snort] Uh, I guess I'd have to say that number three is a bad source. Don't pay any attention to that.

That would resolve the disparity. How do you feel about Hairy?

Don't you think it's a little late to be asking me whether I can accept aliens? I've been communicating with Hairy since 2012?

This article was published online today.

Okay then. I suppose I should start by saying that I don't always believe you. It's easier to believe you when I'm tired. Then there's the fact that I don't take for granted certain things that other people do.

Examples, please.

Just because God created us, does that have ANYTHING to do with what God did elsewhere? A case could be made for God not thinking aliens were any of our business.

A project not being aware of another project. 

Exactly. God didn't promise there would be no aliens. So la de da.

So religion does not necessarily contradict extraterrestrial life?

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment