Monday, August 17, 2020

Dilbert's Creator Can Find Fault In Others, But Falls For Some, Says Herr D

"Undo One" by Herr D on heromachine. Required updates? -Shelob.
 

 You are overdue.

[startle reaction] Okay. I don't have anything ready yet. Do you have a topic in mind? 

As you appear startled, you should describe something that startled you recently.

Identification and tone. Good strategy.

Okay? Scott Adams, I think his name was, creator of Dilbert? He surprised me.

Dilbert is a cartoon. Did the cartoon startle you?

No. His stances, shown on a talkback on a Fox pundit's show. That surprised me.

How?

He just seemed smarter than that. He really sounded like he's bought into the hype about the left. He seems to imagine, like many, that there aren't a wealth of settling centrists. That all Democrats are extremists and have no thoughts of their own. Ridiculous.

Do you have percentages?

Percentages?! No. But I don't know anyone who is in the radical left. I know a large number of people. I know three radical right-wingers. They alienate everyone else I know that gets near them. I know a LARGE number of people who are mostly centrist. Most of them have an outlying interest or stance, but none of them are radical. I know a large number of Republicans who are disgusted with their own party, or at least say so to anyone who listens to them. Most of the people I know who don't have well-defined beliefs are divided by intelligence. Everyone I know with average intelligence or higher knows we need to get rid of Trump, though many of them disagree about why. Everyone who has common sense knows we'd better rally around one person, rather than split the vote. I like a lot of candidates better than what we have, but the two party SYSTEM is what we have. Until we fix that antiquated notion, that IS the reality we face. 

Your potential viewing does not include a listing of Dilbert's creator.

It was on Fox in a breakroom.

[recalculates over .0000000000628 seconds] You were not a fan of the show or the host either.

Yeah, his comedy wasn't funny. His politics are even sadder.

Greg Gutfeld is your least favorite?

No, Hannity is still worse. Gutfeld is just irritating and pathetic. Hannity is stupidly overblown.

Who is your favorite?

Pundit? . . . Maddow. She finds fault with everyone where she can. She's not always on the mark, but she's clearly intelligent. She's also insightful and fun. Most of the others I listen to are too opinionated for me to listen to for five minutes without noticing bias I have to check on. Maddow might give people a pass on some stuff, but her negatives are spot on. We done? I have to sleep. Work has piled up. 

Thank you, good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment