Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bye Bye To RW: Stay Upside Down


"RW Sendoff," Herr D on heromachine.com. Star background by RobM. Doesn't do the energy burst justice, but very nice.

Go away for a few days, and the human race is in even MORE trouble. One of your brightest lights is extinguished. Herr D was kind of broken up. He's a pretty good eulogist--here's what he said.

Robin Williams, thank you for fighting off the cold, gray fingers for as long as you did. Hairy assured me that right about the right time, "a filament within the Swift-Tuttle phenomenon glowed with a kindly and absurd reverse Doppler Shift" which I tried to depict below. I don't know what that means, really, but I imagine Robin Williams would be proud at the thought that he caused the universe to fart in color as he left. I can just picture him again blurting out: "Oi! Does it feel good to get out of there!" in a brief reprise of 'Genie.'

You have reversed direction. Context indicates picture should be below text.

[three of five eyes pan over text] Good grief. Sorry. You guys just don't know how difficult it is to reverse every bit of thinking to your way. RW was one of the few people who truly understood that the terrestrial way of thinking is completely upside down and backwards. SHELOB! I'm back on the job. Help me prep something for tomorrow!

Coming back so early might cause you to strobe away. The water molecules you heated leaving were randomly dispersed by tides, evaporation, and biological influences. They cooled, wherever they were on your re-entry, by over 1/1000th of a degree.

Ouch. You're on damage control. Just stream me the feeds through the neuralink and help me find that text on satire techniques before you move out. Gotta make these next few count in case I strobe away.



No comments:

Post a Comment