Monday, August 15, 2022

Long Hair And The Idealist

 

"AutoDate" by Herr D on heromachine.com. People do not automatically update their software the way some machines can. This means machines learn simple lessons better than people.-Shelob

[insertion from captured text]

Herr D: Thank you for letting me interview you about this. Where were you when it happened?

JT: so my daughter & i were sent to fair oaks mall by wrong direction 

Herr D: What were you looking for?

JT: rockler there in fair lakes mall but my cell's broke

Herr D: Okay?

JT: tried to ask a guy with a cell to look up rockler, but he just said 'not here, sorry' and walked off turned to an couple of seniors cause the woman had a cell and asked 'you got the net on that?'

Herr D: I hate when people don't really listen and walk off; what happened then?

JT: the guy with her said 'don't talk to him' and turned away . my daughter was upset. i said 'don't worry, the people at the information desk will be nice enough to talk to us'

Herr D: I hope she was comforted.

JT: I think so. what's funny is the guy gave me a dirty look when i said that. i wasn't raising my voice or staring at him or anything, just looking sypathetic to my daughter and leading her away.

Herr D: So your daughter carves?

JT: yes

Herr D: How old?

JT: 15yo

Herr D: And this was based on the way you look?

JT: i don't usually go out with my hair down. usually i have a pony tail holder, but i had just showered so it dried while we drove there. forgot a pony tail holder.

Herr D: Ah. What did you look like, other than that?

JT: i'm 5'8" short, well-trimmed beard and mustache, mostly behind my mask anyway. hair loose down to my upper shoulder blades in back. it was brushed, just loose

Herr D: Clothes?

JT: we both had on jeans and tees. no sawdust on 'em yet 'cause we needed that forstner bit

Herr D: I don't know what that is, but obviously it's a specialty tool you couldn't or didn't want to work without. Repeat for my readers about the long hair--that's important.

JT: growin' a kid's cancer wig. gotta have long hair for that.

Herr D: Right. That's an interesting sort of charity. What drew you to it?

JT: we have a spec needs kid too. medicaid paid for her to be in the nicu. born before thirty weeks.

Herr D: That's pretty premature.

JT: i'll never be able to pay a half mil for medical care. so i do what i can for sick kids. growin' hair is something we can all do for free.

Herr D: What I really find interesting here is that you're helping a kid not feel bad about their appearance by GETTING TREATED BADLY ABOUT YOURS!

JT: i don't mind. i'm married, not looking for work. kids shouldn't have to put up with that.

Herr D: And a senior citizen should know better than to act like that, too. Thank you for being brave about it. I'm glad there are people like you out there, and I'm sorry there are people like that old guy out there. But that DOES mean your hair-growing is important, doesn't it?

JT: yeah, i guess ty

Herr D: You're most welcome! Thank you for taking your time to chat with me. I don't get this much input most of the time. So I guess the information desk got you headed right?

JT: no there isn't one at fair oaks. we had to find someone else to talk to us. nice lady with kids helped us, got us an address. it's all good.

Herr D: All's well that ends well. Thank you again!

 [JT exits]

Well, that wraps it up here, I just find it terrible that yet another set of elders aren't worthy of respect after all. I hope for all of you that you are treated well and have the inner strength to cope when you are not. Good luck. [forwards request to Shelob for publication, exits] [compile, complete]

Thank you. [select pic, notify titlebot to approve Herr D's suggestion for title, submit to blog(fcn), resume optimization of hidden server] 


No comments:

Post a Comment