Sunday, December 24, 2023

Perspective Can Require Time And Distance Says Shelob

"Robot Christmas Story," by Herr D on Paint3d. Perspective can require time and distance.-Shelob


[typing directly into web browser address bar] Shelob? [opens chatbox] Here.

[startle reaction detected] Wow. [pause] You really are online all the time. Waiting for blog.

[laughter detected by mic] Okay. I'm ready. Today's topic is personal growth. Grinders like me tend to get ground down, especially around holiday time. But if any of you need an excuse to take a break that you haven't thought of already, here's one:

Think for a moment about some accomplishment you made that you COULDN'T have made some time ago. Think about how different that is. Enjoy that smile and say to yourself, "I deserve it." Example, please?

I knew you'd ask that. Got one ready. About ten years ago my wife injured herself badly in a fall. I had to take over cooking dinner most of the time, and I still do it when I can. So, that first year I said to my wife at least once, "Hey honey, I didn't burn the mac and cheese!" Two nights ago my wife looked at her plate and said, "what's that?" And my reply was, "That's a crabcake with a Genoan salami frittata topper."

I've come a long way. Thank you. [exits]

No comments:

Post a Comment