![]() |
| "Eye Close Up" by Herr D, with inkpen. Looking closely at an issue.-Shelob |
Do you have topic chosen?
Yes. WNBA. You are in favor of women's sports.
Yes, but--You are in favor of transgender athletes?
I'm not sure I should get a vote, but--Please explain.
Hhhhh. I'm not transgender, I'm not a woman, I don't play sports, and I didn't feel comfortable as a GUY in a locker room with other guys in an era that any guy even looked at another too long he might get beaten. Hospitalized. So, if women feel uncomfortable with someone, maybe take them seriously? I'm not gonna tell them what to DO, though. I have too much respect for them to think it should come from me. I have nothing to contribute to that conversation anyway? And if it was your daughter on the team?
Hhhhhhhh. 3 options: 1. She gets comfortable with it, and I help her get counseling if she needs it.
2. She quietly quits, and I console her for losing an activity and try to help her find a substitute if she wants my help--which she probably won't.
3. I help her figure out which persons to talk to to request an accommodation. No protest?
If she wants to protest, then either the whole team (besides maybe the individual it's about) is with her or they aren't. If the whole team is with her, then the team refuses to play with the individual. If she's not acting with the team, she's protesting on her own. Some teams aren't FOR everyone. If you can't agree on something so basic and intrinsic with your team as who is ON your team, then you aren't a team player. It's a TEAM sport. Please define accommodation.
Hhhhhhhhhhhhh. Screens to block views. Female security guards. Separate locker rooms. Opening mouth each time and saying, "I'll be right out; can you go in after me?" I don't know, anything that would make my daughter comfortable. And comparative performance issues?
Let the opposing teams protest that. AS TEAMS. No one else should say anything. Now can I PLEASE talk about something else? New topic?
No. [.00285993 second pause] Go ahead.
Thank you! I've noticed online AND in person a lot of people talking about how the WNBA isn't making a lot of money. That people hate the ads. That they're funded by the NBA, that they can't fill stadiums, that they aren't paid as much--I DO have a very practical solution that SHOULD be explored. That is?
High school gyms. If the event can't fill a stadium, a stadium is the WRONG PLACE. Please explain? Do you have a plan?
I'm sure that if the tickets were, say, two-thirds as much, then the players and referees and security etc. could be paid the same. And parking and shuttles could be rented at a fraction of the cost it would take to rent the stadium. 90% of the profit not earmarked to shareholders, what have you, could GO TO THE SCHOOL.
That would DEFINITELY help the WNBA's image. If they paid for my daughter's new high school gym? I'd interview a player on this blog. If they doubled the size of her high school library and paid the salary of a few non-putz administrators, I might buy my daughter tickets to all their games at our school. Would you go?
I'd rather pay my wife's ticket. She likes sports a lot more than I do. I'm into art. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment