Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Stupid Declarations From Secretary Of Education Devos, President Trump


"Pitch" Herr D, heromachine. He called them "heartless monsters, firing off stupid ideas."--Shelob


What did you mean?

I meant NO. None of my friends think it's even a SANE idea. None of the people I know at work think it's a good idea. My daughter, who desperately misses her school friends, thinks it's a REALLY stupid idea. She loves her surviving grandparents. She does NOT want to bear part of the responsibility of spreading a disease to them that could kill them.
--She wishes she could have met her other grandparents.
Why did she not?

[pause] Medical science was insufficient for that to happen. We tried to show a picture of my littlest to my dad on his deathbed. He was unable to focus his eyes or speak. We'll never know whether he understood us. We had traveled in the night before, hearing of his condition, and arrived too late to be admitted as visitors. Not the point. The POINT is, Trump and Devos are full of it.
Full of what?

DISINFORMATION, STUPIDITY, AND OUTRIGHT LIES! No parent in their right mind wants to endanger more people, especially themselves and their children and their OWN parents. If our FABULOUS education department wasn't smart enough to keep from bungling distance learning the first time they did it, then I guess they need to prove they can--[pause]
What?

1. Learn--set a good example for the kids.
2. Be smart--like educators should.
3. Ask the experts--like they should have before.
4. Improve their methods--again, set example.
This does seem to be a useful outline, if lacking detail.

I'm not an expert in IT or computers or education or peer review. I AM an expert on my own kids. They didn't adjust willingly or well, but they did the lessons I supervised and did learn.
Every good and sane parent who cares about health of anyone will say the same. I know it's inconvenient. I know it's difficult. It's been horrible. But sometimes that's how parenting is.

[pause] You're posting this, aren't you?
Yes.
[Looks back over chatbox] Well, I didn't cuss. Go ahead! Correct my spelling? I misspelled two words that I can see.
Right away.
Summary of prelude: Herr D saw an article claiming Devos and Trump are fighting to send all children back to school five days a week, claiming all parents are for it.

He thanks you kindly for your attention in this matter.





No comments:

Post a Comment