Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Clients Need ABA, Leaders Need ABCs, Better-Directed Ears

 

"No Hits Yet" by Herr D on Paint3D. Herr D is aggravated at new software.-Shelob

 I'm beginning to see what Hairy meant when he talked about people being backwards.

He said backward.

Well he was close. People are backwards.

In what way?

Ways. My daughter qualifies for ABA therapy and other things, but only for about six months at a time. She qualifies for a few things, but only about that long. Then the powers that be take it away, saying it didn't do enough, that it must not be working. Then we have to spend a hundred hours on the phone that we don't have to get it back. She's SET back, and so it doesn't stick. How do you get people who KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT TO BE IN CHARGE? Why do we always manage to get people who DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT to run things?

I keep getting told that results matter, but it's the ones in CHARGE that ruin results!

Why are you not in charge?

I have never been recognized as someone who should be. I don't even want to be. I just want things to run better.

So you do not want to be in charge, yet your compiled intelligence is great enough to be in charge.

I don't want the hassle. We need people in charge to be good at listening to intelligent people and saying 'make it so' to everyone who knows how to get stuff done. It's like our leaders aim at a dartboard behind us all [interrupt]

That is a visual metaphor? Please illustrate.

[breath change] I'll try. This laptop has something I might be able to use. [exits]

 

No comments:

Post a Comment